When to Visit a Gynaecologist

Here are some signs you shouldn't ignore!

Being a woman can be both an exciting and gratifying experience as well as a challenging one. When it involves our well-being and health, there are a lot of factors to consider. Although it may be tempting, it is not a good idea to ignore some of these things. We'll talk about when to get medical help in today's blog, to help you spot the red flags and work accordingly.


The following list of nine symptoms and situations calls for a trip to the gynaecologist as soon as time permits.


1. Aching Cramps:

During their monthly menstrual cycles, many women feel excruciating pain. Those few days can seem to last an eternity due to lower abdominal discomfort, aching breasts, and headaches. But what happens if the period continues and gets worse? That might be a sign of endometriosis or fibroids, a disorder where excess tissue accumulates in the uterus and results in bleeding and swelling. A gynaecologist can help with the diagnosis and treatment of these disorders.


2. Vaginal bleeding:

It is typical for women to start spotting a few months after beginning to use some birth control methods or to have heavier periods as they approach menopause. To find out the source of unexpected vaginal bleeding, such as that which occurs after menopause, you should visit a gynaecologist.


3. Discomfort during intimate moments:

Feels dry during intercourse? It could be because of the birth control pills or menopause taking you to the next phase of life.

Also, if you are below 18 or occasionally have sex with multiple people, the chances of acquiring cancer due to HPV infection gets higher.

If you are experiencing discomfort or bleeding during sex, your gynaecologist might suggest a lubricant, a different sex strategy, or another choice. She knows the solutions to your issues. And the only qualified gynaecologist who can provide you with information this accurate is. A gynaecologist will go over the risk concerns if you decide to continue having sex after obtaining treatment for the STD.


4. Bulge in the private area:

It's a good idea to consult a gynaecologist if you have or observe a bump or a blister in or near your vagina. It could be a genital wart, a little swelling brought on by an STD, or it could be as minor as an ingrown hair. You can find out from a gynaecologist whether the issue is small or serious enough to warrant continuous medical attention.


5. Lumps in breast:

Your gynaecologist can determine whether a recent breast lump, discomfort, or discharge poses a threat to your health. Such disorders are usually a a matter of concern post menopause or if you are in stages closer to it.


6. Libido problems:

Serious medical illnesses or prescription drugs may occasionally make you less interested in having sex. The quality of your relationship and stress at work or home can also hinder your libido. Your gynaecologist can explain why your libido has diminished and how to restore it.


7. Uncontrolled urges to urinate:

Women of any age can be down with incontinent or the urge to leak unintentionally, but women in their 50s, 60s, and following menopause are the ones who are usually undergo this. It can also happen after childbirth, especially if the baby was big or the doctor needed to use forceps or a vacuum. Your gynaecologist may recommend therapies such as behavioural therapy, muscular relaxation, dietary changes, medication, or surgery, or they may send you to a specialist.

Even though a pelvic exam must be done annually, some symptoms demand a second trip to the gynaecologist.

Watch for any changes if you're unsure about when to schedule an appointment with a gynaecologist. You must make up a plan if your vaginal discharges alters in colour or pattern, if you have stinging or itching, if it hurts to have sex, or if it feels heavy in the middle of your period.

You must have gone through excruciating agony and eerie, odd emotional events. A visit can take care of all of these. To ensure that your reproductive systems are in perfect health and to treat you as per your ailment, you should see a specialist doctor.

Make sure to check out our gynaecological services.


Also Read : Best Foods to Eat When You're Pregnant - Dr. Shubhra Goyal